This is your private quiet space…
We’ve created a simple package so that you can make the most of your team away day here at The Waterside. Confident that you will leave refreshed and restored, with a renewed sense of what you are doing and where you are going.
Our well equipped and flexible Long Room with views across the lake and valley is ideal for small to medium-sized teams (ie 5-15, though it comfortably holds up to 30 for more structured events). It has all you need to do your fresh thinking, restore your wellbeing and have the conversations that don’t normally happen.
It’s a completely different rhythm… we weren’t distracted and had time for what really mattered. A really satisfying day. Thank you.Client
It is comfortable, relaxed and peaceful with simple, good food and Coaltown Coffee – all self-service so you aren’t restricted. And definitely non-corporate, though there is wi-fi, flip charts and a smart screen if you need it. Just no mobile signal – we want you to have uninterrupted space!
Then there’s the rest – we have walks around the lake and up the valley. Places to go and walk as you talk. Be quiet. Or watch the alpacas. Just bring your country clothing and wellies (or walking boots).
We’ve even created a suite of online resources and additional services to help you make your day as fruitful and enjoyable as possible.
This isn’t just a meeting in another place. It’s amazing – we laughed so much, and I was able to say things that I probably wouldn’t have said elsewhere…Team member
Our intention is to give you great breathing space. And there’s lots of it. Yet we are only 3 miles from Junction 46 on the M4.
This is a working alpaca farm and we do have a variety of activities going on here. Therefore we only host away days here a few days a week.
However, we have a reputation for being flexible and will endeavour to meet your requirements wherever possible.
We have a simple menu for hiring The Waterside for your time out:
- Single-day hire £250
- Light refreshments throughout the day £5 per head…
- …Or £10 per head to also include a simple lunch hamper with fresh bread, Welsh cheese and fresh fruit
- Additional £5 per head for homemade farmhouse vegetable soup
You are more than welcome to bring your own lunch, though we do not have kitchen facilities for cooking in the Long Room.
As well as the free online resource pack with lots of suggestions on making the most of your day here, including what’s in the valley, we also offer:
- Alpaca Farm Walks – with Steve Heatherington, the Alpaca Shepherd, for you to get up close and personal with these lovely and distinctive creatures. 1-1.5 hours including feeding the girls. £60
- Creative Nature Trail – you are welcome to use the resources and do the trail around the valley as a group on your own (information is in the pack). Or we take you on a led walk, 1-1.5 hours for an additional £40
- Wellbeing and creative activities – we can provide a range of activities that compliment your day. Talk with us about what you want to achieve
- Facilitation – Sue Heatherington is highly experienced in designing and facilitating team sessions and can help as much or as little as you want. Talk with us about what you want to do
Want to know more or check availability?
Teams who have used The Waterside for their off-site sessions include:
- Coastal Housing Group
- IBI Architects – Cardiff Studio
- Sancta Maria Hospital
- Clase Primary School
- Linden Church and Red Cafe Projects
- Hyde + Hyde Architects
- RSA Cymru
- Church in Wales